Sexton position is open for immediate filling. Please contact the Township if interested in applying.
RICHLAND TOWNSHIP CEMETERY RULES
- All flowers, decorations, flower pots, and urns must remain on footings. Do not place earlier than May 1st and must be removed no later than October 1st.
- No flowers, shrubs, trees, vegetation of any type shall be planted outside of an urn.
- Grave blankets will be removed by April 1st.
- Mounds, bricks, blocks, and any borders that hinder lawn mowing and/or other gardening apparatus are prohibited.
- No glass containers.
- Trimming and/or removal of shrub, trees, etc will be at the discretion of the Township.
- All grass seeding and foundations will be installed by the Township.
- Surfaces other than earth or sod are prohibited.
- The Township shall have the right to remove any items that become unsightly due to decay, deterioration, or damage.
- Military flags will be placed before Memorial Day and removed after the Fourth of July by the Township Board.
For Richland Township Cemetery questions, please contact Cal Callison at 989-807-0088 or Laurie Darmody at 989-833-8022.
If you are looking to clean your families headstone(s), it is recommended that you use the below link for a short “How to.”